Barbers – A Men’s Story takes us into barbershops, a haven where men can talk freely among themselves. The film features barbers who describe their love and passion for their work. These endearing and dedicated men, who have been their customers’ trusted confidants for decades, are approaching the twilight of their careers in a trade that is slowly dying out.
DIRECTOR BIOGRAPHICAL NOTE:
No English biographical note of the Director is available for the moment. You'll find below his filmography. Upon selection, we will be able to provide the appropriate text. Sorry for the inconvenient.Filmography : Claude Demers
Film director – Producer – Writer – Self-taught filmakerFeatures
BARBERS – A MEN’S STORY (BARBIERS – UNE HISTOIRE D’HOMMES)
Canada, 2006, Betacam, coul. 78 min. / 52 min. Documentary. Les productions CDFILMS INC.
• Gemini Award of the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television for "Best Editing documentary" and has been also nominated for "Best Documentary director" in 2007 - CanadaTHE INVENTION OF LOVE (L’INVENTION DE L’AMOUR)
Canada, 2000, 35 mm, coul. 87 min. Fiction. Les productions CDFILMS INC.
• Official competition in Internationals Festivals : Festival des films du monde de Montréal (Canada) - Festival international du film francophone de Namur (Belgium) - Festival international de Vancouver (Canada) and others festivals in Europe and USAShorts Films
A NIGHT WITH YOU (UNE NUIT AVEC TOI)
Canada, 1993, 16 mm, coul. 28 min. Fiction. Production Amérique Film.
• Official competition in Internationals Festivals : Festival de Clermont-Ferrand (France) - Festival de Huesca (Spain) - Festival de Namur (Belgium), etc.
* Price: Best Actress (Linda Roy) at the Festival de Yorkton (Canada)THE DEVIL IS A LITTLE GIRL (LE DIABLE EST UNE PETITE FILLE)
Canada, 1990, 16 mm, n&b, 27 min. Fiction. Les productions du Nouvel œil.
• Official competition in Internationals Festivals : Clermont-Ferrand (France) - Festival de Bilbao (Spain) - Festival de Namur (Belgium) - Festival du nouveau cinéma de Montréal (Canada), etc.THE HAPPINESS (LE BONHEUR)
Canada, 1986, 16 mm, n&b, 18 min. Fiction. Les productions du Nouvel œil.
• Official competition in Internationals Festivals (Clermont-Ferrand, etc.) also the film has been release in 60 city’s in Europe (France, Italy, Germany, England, Belgium)
Canada, 1995, 16 mm, coul. Fiction. Sketch of 4 min. for the feature Un film de cinéastes with differents Canadian filmakers
• Opening night at «Rendez-vous du Cinéma québécois» (Canada) & Vision du Réel (Nyon)