A man wants to fold two flags but every time that he folds one of them the other one unfolds. Somehow it seems that they are alive and they don’t want to be folded. The man tries to death but he sticks in a vicious cycle.
DIRECTOR BIOGRAPHICAL NOTE:
Born on 28 August 1989, Zanjan, Iran
BA Pant Protection at Zanjan University
MA Film Studies at Tehran University of art
Studying MA Business Administration of Art at Iran National Film School and Tehran Institute of Technology (Financial Sciences and Business Management Department)
1. Did you see? /2011 / 3 minutes / short fiction / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
2. A Sunrise in The Dark / 2011 / 5 minutes / short fiction / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
3. Mesgar / 2012 / 10 minutes / short fiction / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor, Costume Design, Set Decoration
4. Chairman / 2016 /1.5 minutes / short fiction / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
5. Podium / 2017 / 1.5 minutes / short fiction / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
6. Cinema & Dance : Iran / 90 minutes / documentary / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor ( POST PRODUCTION)
7. The Unsettled / 70 minutes – 30 minutes (2 version) / feature film - Short film / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor, Costume Design, Set Decoration ( POST PRODUCTION)
8. A Few Angry Students / 15 minutes / short fiction / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor, Costume Design, Set Decoration ( POST PRODUCTION)
9. Alive / 2019 / 5 minutes / experimental short fiction / / Producer, Director, Writer, Editor, Costume Design, Set Decoration
( Note: I didn't screen any of my films to a public or at festivals because of low budget working I didn't have money to retouch or finishing them, so I like my last short film " ALIVE " to be considered as my first Film)
Founder of the first animation group of ACECR ( Academic Center for Education, Culture, and Research ) in Iran.
I'm a teacher at IYCS ( Iranian Youth Cinema Society ) - Cinema History – Experimental Cinema
Teacher of Screenwriting, Film editing, and Directing
Worked at Iran National Film Archive
During the past decades, my country has been struggling with economic, social, and foreign as well as domestic political issues. These conflicts have reached a crisis point in the last few years. Thus, I decided to make a film as a protest against the current circumstances and the corruption within the government. However, no film institute or organization supported me. So, I decided to make a low-budget, experimental movie to indirectly express my disapproval toward this matter. I chose to submit my film for critical evaluation to the foreign international film festival because no national festival accepted my film due to its political content. Also, I was warned by a few of my professors that such a film may have severe repercussions for my career and personal life in Iran.
This film portrays the current conflicts among the authorities and Iranian youth and their attempt to cause an upheaval in the present political system. Yet, their protests are shut down consistently and they are in fact, stuck in a vicious circle.