Entry Form for ALL CATEGORIES
DCP – HD – Blu-Ray – 3D – screenplays
RIFF Awards 2020 – XIX Edition – Festival Dates: Rome, November 13th/20th, 2020
deadline July 30th, 2020
RIFF proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway and Festhome -the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.
Submissions are also accepted online via reelport – upload your film and get rid of DVD shipment!”
Online Application – Submitting your film for selection to the Rome Independent Film Festival automatically gives you different benefits:
1) RIFF Awards, if selected.
2) your technical info will be automatically listed in our online catalogue listing RIFF participants. Allows Distributors, Agents, Web Content Buyers and other industry professionals to contact you directly.
3) become an automatic member of “Associazione Culturale Roma Independent Film Festival”
NOTICE: As part of our mission statement, our organization may refer names and contacts of submitting filmmakers to independent distributors, creative agencies, press and internet companies. Tapes and other related materials, however, remain in the strict possession of the Festival’s archive.
RULES & REGULATIONS
To submit your film to the Roma Independent Film Festival, please read our eligibility requirements below.
If you’re able to comply with these rules, please complete our online APPLICATION
Enter your information in the required fields. Then simply send your film’s link via email to info(at)riff.it, with Italian or English subtitles (if it’s not already in English) and the appropriate application fee.
If you have any questions please call us @ + 39 06 45425050 or +39 338 5848704, or e-mail us . We’ll return an answer within 24hrs.
1. Films must have been completed after December 2019.
2. Running time for all feature length films must be no less than 52 minutes. Running time for all short films must be no more then 52 minutes.
3. Films/videos must not have received worldwide network television distribution or WEB (including cable and PAY-TV). Competitive entries must not have commercial distribution in Italy to be eligible.
4. Foreign feature or short films submitted to the Festival must be subtitled in Italian OR English if not already an English language film.
5. Entries with Digital Video, Blu-Ray and DCP must be made available for presentation at least two (2) weeks before the festival date.
6. Submissions are only accepted on digital file. Entries, as well as accompanying materials, will NOT be returned and will become property of the organization and its archive.
7. Those selected for screening during the RIFF Awards will be notified at least one(1) month before the event starts by telephone or e-mail.
8. Those selected for the monthly screenings will be notified at least thirty (30) days before the event date by telephone or e-mail.
9. For all the competitions, the project must be an Italian Premiere.
10. Film producers must also agree to include in future promotion material the mention of the participation at the Roma Independent Film Festival, the relevant section and any award received, along with the official RIFF logo, available on the Internet website.
* RIFF AWARD recepients are determined by a jury of professional filmmakers, actors, distributors, agents and journalists.
RIFF AUDIENCE AWARD is determined by audience votes.
* All awards will be split equally between the director and the production company of the film as shown in the credits.
What to Send (via email at info(at)riff.it
The following items MUST accompany all entry forms.
* film link with English or Italian subtitles (if not already an English language film)
* Application fee (see next segment)
These items may be used in our catalogue or web site and may be released to the news media in order to promote selected films. Upon the receipt of your materials, a written or emailed confirmation will be sent to you.If your film is SELECTED the Festival will require the following:
* DCP oe file HD (and/or Blu-Ray or DV Master) to be received within 2 weeks of the event. Additional press kits, including B & W or color photos of cast and crew (on cd) 2 or more posters
Invitation and Attendance
Directors whose feature films have been selected for competition are invited as participants for 3 days. Room and board in a hotel for only one representative per film will be provided by the festival. Exceptionally, travel costs can be covered.
Forms of payment: Secure Credit Card Payment or Money Transfer (use account information below)
Unicredit ag. 30637 Roma – L.GO BENEDETTO MARCELLO, 198 – 00198 Roma IT
ABI: 02008 – CAB: 05164 – CIN: E CC n. 400829626
Payment to: Roma Independent film festival (RIFF)
SWIFT (BIC): UNCRITM1B57 – IBAN : IT 22 S 02008 05164 000400829626
We do NOT accept money or postal orders
Mailing address: RIFF – Rome Independent Film Festival (Attn. Fabrizio Ferrari)
Via Po 152
Roma 00198 -Italy